Thank you so much to Daisarella for writing a blog piece on her Labour Hospital Bag, which features Eco-Homemaker products.
So I am 35 weeks on Friday, and yesterday I finally decided – it was time to prep the hospital bag. So I’ve put together a helpful guide for any expecting mums-to-be to ensure that you find it as easy as pie to prep your hospital bag.
GIFTED – but all views are my own.
A couple of weeks ago, Eco-Homemaker got in touch with me to see if they could help me with a few hospital bag essentials that I may have forgotten about. Eco-Homemaker is a small business that have experienced two stints of maternity and paternity leave, so decided that they wanted to make some much needed eco-changes to their everyday lifestyle. The team tried and tested a whole bunch of eco-friendly products and came up with the concept of stocking their favourites to help families shop more sustainably whilst also prepping for maternity leave, and other concepts such as gifting more consciously.
Here is my hospital bag checklist which also includes some of my favourite Eco-Homemaker essentials:
Firstly, let’s pack with you in mind…
- Comfortable pyjamas/night dresses
- A couple of nursing bras for post birth
- Big cotton underwear (not the attractive kind)
- Socks (your feet can get quite cold during birth)
- Comfy outfits, including your going home outfit (I’ve personally opted for a jumpsuit with no waistband – just incase of a C-Section)
- Spritz for bits
- Dressing gown
- Labour Inhalation Stick
- Slippers/Flip Flops/Crocs
- Wash bag essentials – toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hairbrush, shower gel, face cream, water spritz, deodorant, lip balm
- Maternity pads, lots and lots of maternity pads
- Nipple balm
- Reusable breast pads
Now let’s move onto baby…
- Make sure you have the car seat in the car
- Nappy Balm
- Water Wipes
- Hat, Mitten & Socks
- Sleepsuits x4
- Vests x4
For your birthing partner to pack for you and them…
- Drinks or a refillable bottle
- Phone charger
- Change of clothes for birth partner
- Wash bag for birth partner (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shower gel)